PATHFINDER COUNSELOR APPLICATION
For girls entering 10th grade to seniors in college
Dear parents and applicants,
A Pathfinder counselor is given great responsibility since they are directly caring for 5-9th grade campers at an overnight camp. They are also tasked with giving catechism and virtue classes as well as being a lively Christian role model for their younger campers and peers.
Because of the demands required of them, a Pathfinder counselor should be well known by the staff at Aster Study Center. Due to the high volume of applicants we have low acceptance rate and encourage you to check out our other summer leadership programs. Applications for these programs will be open in January.
Fulfilling the following requirements does not mean you will be accepted as a counselor for Pathfinder 2023. These are the minimum required for you to be considered as an applicant.
1. Apply below to be a Counselor:
Application Deadline: December 17th, 2023
Acceptance Date: January 6th, 2024
2. All applicants attend BOTH Info sessions:
(Note the dates are the same as Stepping Up and College Prep to facilitate rides)
Saturday, October 21st, 3:30-7pm (dinner included, bring $5)
Saturday, November 18th, 3:30-7pm (dinner included, bring $5)
3. Upon Acceptance, attend ALL of the following sessions:
OVERNIGHT in Palomar: Friday, January 27th-28th, 2024
Saturday, February 17th, 3:30-7pm (dinner included, bring $5)
Saturday, April 20th, 3:30-7pm (dinner included, bring $5)
4. Attend the ENTIRE CAMP, starting Saturday, July 6th (counselor dates) and finishing at July 13th at 12pm.
* Due to the high volume of applicants, please note that fulfilling all the requirements does not guarantee acceptance. We give priority to returning counselors and can only accept a handful of new counselors each year. Decisions will be made based on qualifications and camp needs. *
If you have any questions, please email Stephanie Mascari at email@example.com